Meet the My Healthy Weight Initiative
My Healthy Weight is the first-ever collective insurance initiative providing obesity prevention and treatment for individuals of all ages. With more than one in three U.S. adults overweight or living with obesity, this first-ever collaboration is taking serious action to tackle one of America’s most challenging and costly public health concerns. Each year, obesity care costs nearly $210 billion to the nation’s health care system.
Under the My Healthy Weight initiative:
- Individuals with a BMI of 30 or higher will have access to at least 12 visits a year with a healthcare professional to support healthy weight.
- Individuals with a BMI of 25 or higher and specific cardiovascular health risks and children with at-risk BMIs will be offered visits with healthcare professionals.
- Eligible individuals will also have access to community-based programs that have a proven ability to support healthy weight in adults or children.
Founding members of the My Healthy Weight initiative include:
- State of Alaska Department of Health and Social Services
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina
- Blue Shield of California
- Capital District Physicians’ Health Plan
- Connecticut Department of Social Services
- Delaware Division of Medicaid and Medical Assistance
- Novo Nordisk Inc.
- South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services
- Texas Health Aetna